-
May 1st, 2003, 02:59 PM
#31
Inactive Member
Hey everyone go look in the gallery under and then the Runaways, we have Many of the album/single covers and inserts with MORE TO COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think you will find that many of the overseas stuff had Just Joanie on them!
You will also find the infamous Tom Gold photos
hehehehehe!
The Hawk
Thanks to Cherie for stopping by and clarifying so many things, as we all hate to try and speak for anyone here!
-
May 1st, 2003, 06:19 PM
#32
Inactive Member
just to clarify for any of those folk who are not familiar with THINGS AS THEY REALLY WERE...
the covers with just Joan on are of course much later issues -never issued when Cherie was still in the band.
sorry Jettheads!
-
May 1st, 2003, 06:37 PM
#33
Inactive Member
PS Sorry to hear about all your heartaches Hawk.
There is the cruel world and then there is a place for dreams, such as here.God bless such as Cherie who inspire them for us.
-
May 2nd, 2003, 09:49 PM
#34
Inactive Member
For those of you who might not know who all the players are in this whole discussion... I have posted a photo to my website showing, Kim Fowley and everyone associated with The Runaways at the signing of the contract with Mercury Records.
http://www.komdot.com/runaways.htm
T.
-
May 3rd, 2003, 01:49 AM
#35
Senior Hostboard Member
Oh, were there albums released after Cherie left?
I know...hardly har har!!!
[img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
GD
-
May 3rd, 2003, 06:13 AM
#36
Inactive Member
Thanks for the group foto Tom.
I've seen that somewhere before I'm pretty sure.
-
May 3rd, 2003, 05:59 PM
#37
Inactive Member
Thanks to everyone for their well wishes!
As a matter of fact we have the photo of the signing up on this site as well!
http://www.therunaways.com/3index2nf.html
it includes the original press release!
Well gotta "Jett" LOL
The Hawk
-
May 3rd, 2003, 06:05 PM
#38
Inactive Member
Hi, new here.
I like gus's Idea of submitting your ideas for the COVER THAT NEVER WAS for ROLLING STONE. That would be fun. I think that the people that run this site (It could be better though, you people are missing so many things here) should also have a place that we could put in composite photos of albums we would have liked to have seen LIKE THE BOX SET and stuff like that.
Let's take a poll everyone!
Kim
-
May 3rd, 2003, 06:12 PM
#39
Inactive Member
Welcome "Kim"
Sounds like you are a Girlschool fan? What a great band! I have all of their stuff.
We here at THE RUNAWAYS.COM are always up for new ideas. I'm very sorry that you feel that we are not a complete site, we are working very hard to become a complete history of the band. You are more than welcome to contribute any interviews, or magazine articles, if you have any original photos that you took and you own, we welcome those as well. We want to keep the site fun and friendly. Being overly harsh or cruel to anyone on the boards, the site people, moderators, friends/family/management and the girls themselves will NOT be tolerated.
have fun and stay sane.
The Hawk
-
May 4th, 2003, 03:26 AM
#40
Senior Hostboard Member
I can't help but wonder what that magazine cover would have looked like with Cherie Currie on the cover???
http://www.boomspeed.com/dangerdude/...stonecover.jpg
<ul type="square"> [img]graemlins/camera.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
GD[/list]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks